This week: our top 10 pasta recipes!
And they can all be made gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta!
1. Spaghetti and Meatballs - This is a classic and one that is super easy to prepare on a weeknight using the Easy Meatballs recipe from Real Simple, as long as you don't mind spending a Sunday afternoon making the meatballs. Make a bunch of meatballs, freeze them, and then you'll have them on hand for an easy and quick dinner after you get home from work!
|penne with ricotta cheese and greens|
3. Mom's Lasagna - It is so easy to make this lasagna gluten-free thanks to DeBole's no-boil lasagna noodles. This is another recipe that you can spend some time making on a Sunday afternoon and then freeze it until you're ready to cook it during the week!
4. Pepper Jack Cheesy Mac - Maybe it's the tortilla chips on top. Maybe it's all that melted cheese. Maybe it's the little bit of spice. Whatever it is, Pepper Jack Cheesy Mac is such a delicious homemade mac and cheese recipe. Perfect for football season!
5. Italian Pasta & Bean Soup - This soup is great freshly made and as leftovers for lunch. It doesn't seem like much (pasta, tomatoes, parmesan, beans), but it's very filling and easy to put together.
6. Lemony Fusilli with Chicken, Zucchini, and Pine Nuts - If you like your pasta on the healthy side, this one is a winner! We never make it with pine nuts only because it's tough to find pine nuts that aren't processed on wheat-contaminated equipment. But if that's not a concern for you, by all means add some crunch with the pine nuts.
7. Sausage Alfredo - This recipe is the greatest thing ever! Who would have thought to put smoked sausage with pasta and a creamy alfredo sauce? Hillshire Farm did! And I thank them every day for placing this recipe as an ad in a magazine I read.
8. Fettuccine Alfredo - My husband loves chicken fettuccine alfredo, and I love to make the alfredo sauce from scratch using this healthier recipe from chef Rocco DiSpirito.
9. Pasta Carbonara - Here is another fast and easy weeknight pasta dish. Bacon, cheese, and pasta. How can you go wrong?
10. Any type of pasta with pasta sauce - Yep, just classic pasta in red sauce. Sometimes we spice things up by throwing shredded cheddar cheese on top before serving or mixing in a little chili powder!