Gluten-free lasagna with gluten-free Brazilian cheese buns.
So glad I found DeBoles no boiling, oven ready rice lasagna.
This is the recipe from my mom:
1 pound ground beef
1 26-30-ounce jar of prepared spaghetti sauce (Ragu is gluten-free)
1 14.5-ounce can of Italian style stewed tomatoes (Del Monte is gluten-free)
1 15-ounce carton of cottage cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 8-ounce package oven-ready lasagna noodles (I used DeBoles, found at Whole Foods.)
1 8-ounce package shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Brown ground beef and drain.
2. In the pot, stir in spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. Set aside.
3. Combine cottage cheese, egg and parmesan cheese in medium bowl.
4. Grease 9x13 pan with olive or canola oil. (Sprays can sometimes contain gluten.)
5. Spread two cups of the beef sauce over bottom of dish.
6. Arrange half of the uncooked noodles on top. Press them into the sauce. (You may have to break some of the noodles into smaller pieces to fit the length and width of the pan.)
7. Spread cheese mixture over the noodles.
8. Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella and 1 1/2 cups of beef sauce over top.
9. Arrange another layer of noodles on top. Top with remaining beef sauce.
10. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
11. Remove and sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top. Cover loosely with foil and let stand for 15 minutes.
So good. And unless you have a family of six, there will be LOTS of leftovers. We don't mind.
And here's the gang, minus my husband who was serving as picture taker, at our baseball party yesterday. So glad we have a bigger house with central air.