Pasta Pronto

mmmm bacon and pasta
Here's an easy recipe for you to add to your weeknight rotation. This is from the October 2011 issue of Woman's Day. It's an easy way to do pasta carbonara. All you need is 12 ounces of linguine, three large egg yolks, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, and 7 slices of bacon cut into 1/4-inch pieces.

1. I used gluten-free spaghetti.
2. If you don't know how to get the egg yolks separated from the egg whites, here's the technique I learned.  You crack the egg over a bowl and slide the yolk back and forth between the two egg halves. Eventually the yolk and the whites come apart. Let the white drip down into the bowl. Dump the yolk into another bowl.
3. I think I only used six pieces of bacon, and I didn't cut it into specific sizes. I just crumbled it. I also cooked it in the microwave instead of in a skillet as the recipe called for. I mean, really. Pasta pronto? Let's really "pronto" it and cook the bacon faster!

I like pasta carbonara, and this is a much easier version than the recipe we had. I'll definitely resort to this recipe on another busy weeknight.

Comments

Post a Comment