Top 10 Chicken Recipes

There's really not much of a meal plan this week. My husband has stuff going on almost every night for work, so we're on our own! That means I'll be making myself Tostitos with nacho cheese dip and other unhealthy appetizer-like things that my husband would make fun of me for eating as a meal, but I don't care! I love nachos and potato skins and mozzarella sticks!

In lieu of the meal plan, here is a list of 10 of our favorite chicken dinners. I know I tried to get this whole top 10 food thing going earlier this year but it sort of fizzled out. So I'm trying to resurrect it now.

mini gluten-free chicken pot pies
If you, like me, grew up with a mom who liked to make all kinds of meals with chicken, then you'll be happy with this pared down list of easy and delicious go-to chicken meals. Stick with these 10. They're all you need!

1. Mini Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pies
The trick to making these (pictured at right) gluten-free: Pillsbury Gluten-Free Pie & Pastry Dough.

2. Praline Chicken
This is such an easy meal to make. It also gives your slow cooker something to do.

3. Lemony Fusilli with Chicken, Zucchini and Pine Nuts
I know this also made our top 10 pasta recipes, but it's just that good!

4. Coconut Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Vinaigrette
This is one that we like, but it doesn't get a lot of play in our kitchen. I think we should remedy that! Note, I like to use chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts. It's easier to get the tenders to cook all the way through.

5. Special K Roasted Corn & Chicken Tostadas
I don't think I've blogged about this one before, but if you're looking for a chicken dish that is sort of healthy and can be made for one person, two people, or more, then look no further. Instead of using cut-up chicken breasts, we just used pre-cooked grilled chicken tenders like these gluten-free ones from Perdue. It makes things so much easier on weeknights.

6. Chicken Cordon Bleu Panini
These paninis are really fun to make on the George Foreman grill if you have one. You also have to like bleu cheese, which I know isn't for everyone, but my husband claims to not like it and he still eats these!

7. Baked Chicken Parmesan
Chicken parm is one of my husband's favorite foods. We don't have it nearly as often as I'm sure he'd like, but we have certainly tried it in numerous ways. This version from Real Simple is easy to put together and make gluten-free.

8. Taco Chicken Bowls
You can make this recipe in the Crockpot, or you can just cook up some of the Perdue Shortcuts and plop that over rice with cheese, cilantro, and whatever other fixings you like.

chicken caesar salad
9. Perdue Gluten-Free Chicken Tenders
These often go on sale at our local ShopRite, and I always make sure to buy a bag and keep it in our freezer for those crazy weeknights when we just don't have time for anything other than chicken tenders and fries.

10. Chicken Caesar Salad
Here's another one that is great for busy weeknights. Again, we've gotten in the habit of picking up a bag of the Perdue Shortcuts pre-cooked grilled chicken, heating up the chicken, and putting it over a bed of lettuce from a Caesar salad kit. If you're gluten-free, don't eat the croutons or the dressing that comes in those Caesar salad kits. You'll need gluten-free croutons and gluten-free Caesar dressing.

Comments