August Challenge YOUrself Scrapbook Challenge - Tough Times - Process 257

This month's theme at Challenge YOUrself is "Tough Times". So for the challenge, I decided to scrapbook about my migraines. It's something I've scrapbooked about before, however, I participated in a virtual event during June's National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month, so I had these two photos of me originally shared on Instagram. The virtual event was to #sharethepainbehindthesmile.

Head over to my YouTube channel if you want to see the process video for how this all came together and find out what my inspiration was for the squares in the background!


Because my background paper is white Vicki Boutin Foundations paper, I just had to do some mixed media on it. So I chose Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide Spray and used the packaging technique, then I added some splatters of Shimmerz Don't Rain On My Parade.


Then I created three rows of 2x2-inch squares, with inked edges, using six different patterned papers. These were all leftover papers from previous monthly kits. If you've got a drawer of scrap paper or leftover bits from a kit, I highly recommend cutting or punching the papers into a shape (square, circle, etc.) and using them to create fun embellishments or background designs on your scrapbook layouts.


All of the embellishments on this layout are from different collections. I just went through my stash to find pieces that I thought might be a good fit for the theme. I'm really happy with the way this turned out! Thanks for looking!
 

Comments