Dirt Devil Vibe 3-in-1 Review

I recently received a free Dirt Devil Vibe 3-in-1 Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum in exchange for a review through BzzAgent. Let me tell you why I like adding this vacuum to our cleaning arsenal. 


3 Modes of Use

First off, it's called a 3-in-1 vacuum because it has three modes of use: 1. carpet, 2. hardwood floor, and 3. hand vac. It's easy to put the vacuum together, detach it into a hand vac, and convert it back into a vacuum.

It only weighs 3.4 pounds, so it's really easy to lift and carry around all through the house. (The box has a picture of a lady jumping and using the vacuum as a guitar. I wouldn't go so far as that...) Plus, it stands up on its own.

Now let's talk about the first two modes of use. You'd think this would be a feature called out on the box, but it's not! It's not even anywhere in the instructions that the on/off switch has two modes. I only found out when I was researching the vacuum on the Dirt Devil website. Then to know which mode was which, I turned the vacuum on and looked underneath to see if the brushroll was spinning or not. So basically, if the brushroll is on, you want to use that on carpet. If the brushroll is off, that's when you vacuum your hardwood floor.

How did the vacuum perform?

Performance On Carpet

I wasn't expecting much on carpet but figured I'd give it a try anyway just to see. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this worked on the carpet in my daughter's playroom. Usually, this is something I reserve for our regular vacuum, so it's nice to know that I can quickly pull this stick vac out and clean up spilled Kinetic Sand or whatever she tracks in on her shoes.

Performance On Low-Pile Rug

I was impressed by how well this vacuum worked on the rug in our living room. Usually, I have our robot vacuum do the rug because it has more power than the stick vacuum we previously had. I turned on the brushroll for the rug.

Performance On Hardwood Floors

For small messes and crumbs, this worked fine. It did have some trouble picking up larger things, such as a stray Cheerio. 

That said, I converted the vacuum into a handheld vacuum, and it sucked up leftover pieces from the floor, including stuff that was in the crease between floor and wall.


And I think that's what really sold me on this vacuum - it converts! Unlike our previous lightweight vacuum, there are two settings for carpet and hardwood floor, plus the whole thing converts into a hand vac for getting into smaller spaces, crevices, or quick pick-ups.

It's Bagless 

And when it's time to clean out the vacuum, just pop out the see-through container and dump it out in your trash can. The filter inside can also be rinsed out. Just make sure to let it completely dry before putting it back in the vacuum and using it.

Comments