In-Laws Scrapbook Page - Let's Get Sketchy

Hi gang! I'm playing along with a sketch challenge this month at Let's Get Sketchy. I really loved the angles and triangle shapes in this sketch. Triangles are such an unexpected shape to add to a scrapbook layout, what with our photos being square or rectangular and circles being so easy to punch or die-cut out. But triangles! TRIANGLES!

Here's how I interpreted the sketch:


Unlike in the original sketch, my triangles don't extend all the way across the 12x12 page. I was using the scrap paper left in my January homemade kit, and I didn't have paper that met those purposes. So I just used what I did have: some kraft cardstock and some random patterned paper with bright circles.


The background paper is from a Recollections paper pad. I've had that for almost a year now, and I still have tons of paper left in it. What a good investment that was! (Although, it does mean whenever I see cool paper pads at Michael's, I have to resist the temptation to buy since I already have enough patterned paper at home...)


The other elements on this are some Me & My Big Ideas stickers, October Afternoon banner stickers, American Crafts Thickers, and some random buttons. I like that the buttons are all in the same color scheme but have different shapes and sizes.

This was a great way to use up the last bits of my homemade kit. Now I've got to put together another one! Yeah for stashbusting!

Comments

  1. Great job using up some paper! I love the design that you came up with too! Thanks for joining us at LGS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on sketch, thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely layout and love your take on the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your page and take on the sketch. Your papers are so nice and work well with the photos. Thanks for joining in with us this month at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this! I love your take on the sketch - especially your background! It looks great!
    Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great layout! Way to use your scraps and make the sketch work for you! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you made the layout work with what you had on hand. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout and great take on the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sensational take on the sketch. Love your patterned paper mix. Thanks for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy. Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you did with the sketch, great design and photo's. Thanks for joining us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment