December Pocket Page Layout - Scrapbook Process 243

How about some Christmas in June? I finally got some more pocket pages from Scrapbook.com, so I was able to finish up my December 2021 monthly page, featuring all the random photos from the month that don't get their own layouts. You can see how this page came together in this process video


It's always hard to photograph these page protectors because of the glare from the lights, but hopefully these give you an idea of how I used this 12x12 pocket page to record these memories. Some fun features that I added to this page are a 4x4 photo flap from Snap Stories and a popped-up circle cut out from a 3x4 cut apart.


I add a lot of embellishments to the outside of the page protector instead of sticking them directy to the patterned paper or photos. I like the way that looks and thinks it gives the layout some visual interest. But you don't have to do that if you're not comfortable with it!


Something that's helped me with these pages is using the same collection for every month. I purchased last year's Simple Stories year-themed collection (can't remember its name), and that helped keep things cohesive. Although, as you'll see on this layout, I did use other items from my stash, and that's okay, too! My Christmas stash was perfect for adding in a few extra pieces.


I love doing these pages. It really does challenge my creativity because it's not a traditional type of scrapbook page. I feel a little limited in how I can create these pages, but I think that just gets me thinking even more about how to do them. What do you think? Thanks for looking!

Comments