April Challenge YOUrself Scrapbook Challenge - Celebrate - Process 223

Today is a big day! Not only is the announcement of the April Challenge YOUrself challenge, but it is also the 100th scrapbook challenge at Challenge YOUrself. For that reason, this month's theme is CELEBRATE! There are so many different ways to interpret the challenge, and I hope you check out the rest of the design team's scrapbook pages on the Challenge YOUrself blog.

Here's what I came up with. You can see it all come together in my process video.

 

I decided to break out everything I could find in my stash that had stars on it, and I wanted to scrapbook this photo of me doing my 10th 5K of 2021. That's a reason to celebrate, right?

I managed to find some bigger pieces of patterned paper in my scrap drawer, and the background paper is actually from a Halloween collection. It has moons on it, but I thought that would work okay because the moon is in the sky with the stars!



Because my base patterned papers were black-and-white, that gave me more license to add other colors in my embellishments and smaller patterned papers. Black and white is such a nice neutral. So I added yellows, reds, pinks, and greens from a variety of different collections, such as Simple Stories and Echo Park.

 


I hope you play along this month! I'd love to see how you interpret the "celebrate" theme. As always, there is a prize up for grabs for one lucky winner, so don't forget to enter!

Thanks for looking!

Comments