Mixed Media Frenzy - Scrapbook Process #171

I'm joining in on another month of Mixed Media Frenzy! We had a very elegant and simple layout to scraplift, so I'm sharing my take here and in this process video.


For this 12x12 scrapbook layout, I used the August Paper Issues kit, which features some gorgeous Simple Stories Vintage Coastal papers and embellishments. Those are what I used to create an embellishment cluster around my photo.


In terms of mixed media, I painted two lines of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Sprays on the left-hand side of the page, mimicking what was in the original layout. Then I layered some twine on top. I also used the same colors, as well as some Nuvo Mica Mist in gold, to splatter the white cardstock.


I added tiny gems and wooden stars to build out my embellishment clusters and add more dimension. I just love how this turned out and how everything accents the 3x4 photo so nicely.


Thanks for looking! Make sure to head to my YouTube channel (linked above) so you can view the full list of participants and see what they created.

Comments