Scrapbook Process #159 - Stick It Down Single-Page Sketch Challenge

Good morning! Today I'm sharing my take on the Stick It Down single-page sketch challenge. I really enjoy a good sketch, and I loved the simplicity of this one. You can see my full process video right here.

So this is the original sketch:

And here is how I used it! Instead of doing one photo, I did three. Instead of doing an acrostic poem for the title, I just used a three-word title.


For my mixed media, I used bright colors of misting spray splatters, and I even created my own patterned paper using a technique from a fellow YouTuber, Craft Me a Card, where you spray misting spray onto photo paper and then wipe off. You gotta check that out!


I was so excited to try out that technique for the first time, and even though Craft Me a Card is a cardmaker, I think it's a great technique for scrapbooking, too. It certainly added just the right touch to this layout.


So that's about it! Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. First, I LOVE your layout! I also love that you made the sketch your own! Second, thank you for sharing Craft Me A Card's technique! I will have to try it out on a future project.
    Thanks for playing along with our single page sketch at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like your take on the sketch! The bright colors, photos and white space is all perfect. Thanks for the participation! Sherry DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright colorful & fun layout! Love the liberties that you took with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this month @ Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bright colors and rockin' mixed media. Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment