2020 Vision Board Recap

I made a vision board (or dream board) for the first time last year, and seeing as how we are at the end of 2020, I thought it would be fun to revisit my vision board and see how its themes were affected in my life. I also talk about it and show it in this YouTube video.

What were your vision board ideas or New Year's Resolutions for this year? Will you make a vision board for 2021? Let me know in the comments!

If you've never made a vision board before, check out my vision board guide from last year to see how I did it - and how easy is it!


My 2020 vision board had 10 definite themes. You could certainly use these themes for your own vision board template:

1. Money 

I had hoped that some positive thinking would bring more money into our lives. COVID impacted this in good and bad ways. We didn't have to pay for daycare, but I was furloughed for 3 weeks, and my husband had to take a 12-week childcare leave. I did make some extra money doing freelance blogging for Zulily.

2. Work 

Again, this was impacted in weird ways due to COVID. As stated above, I was furloughed for 3 weeks, and I thought, "Well, this isn't what I had in mind..." But I was reinstated to my former position, and I also got to do some freelance blogging.

3. Love 

In 2019, I read some great relationship advice books, and I was hoping to put them into practice in 2020. Well.... COVID cancelled the adults-only trip my husband and I were going to take, and because of stay-at-home orders, it wasn't like we could drop our kid off at the grandparents' for a date night. Maybe in 2021 I'll be able to put the ideas in my Love Pinterest board to use!

4. Mom Life 

I wanted to focus on being a better mom, a more patient mom. That was definitely tested this year because of COVID. Seems like the things I put on my vision board happened or were challenged in a different way than I had anticipated.


5. Friends 

I really wanted 2020 to be the year that I made some close mom friends and found my village. Thanks, COVID.

6. Elizabeth Warren 

I was so excited to vote for the first female president, but then Warren dropped out of the race before my state even got to vote in the primaries.

7. Organization 

This has always been something I've wanted to focus on. I just want my house to feel more like a home. Well, maybe I just want my house to be clean. That definitely didn't happen that much due to COVID.

8. Hair 

I cut my bangs back! Then let them grow out again. Then cut them back again - myself!

9. Fitness/Health/Self-Care 

This was one positive that came out of COVID. I had more time to work out! I've gotten myself into a nice morning exercise routine, and when the weather was nicer, my family would take walks around the neighborhood after dinner. I also did two virtual 5Ks this year!

10. Books

I certainly read a lot of books and received a lot of ARCs. Did I edit my 2019 NANO novel? I started to. Did I participate in this year's NANO? Yes. Did I finish? Nope.


I also put one picture of a new car on my board thinking that when my husband's lease was up, we'd finally be able to get a car that we really wanted. Little did I know we'd be getting a new car way sooner, and that it would be because of a car accident. So that was interesting.

And I included pictures of strong women: Dolly Parton, Gloria Steinem, Diane von Furstenberg, The Golden Girls. I just wanted to have some female inspiration.

So that's my vision board checklist from 2020! Stay tuned to the blog for a post about how I'll be doing my 2021 vision board! I'm super excited about it and think it's going to be my ultimate vision board.

Comments