In Her Eyes Scrapbook Page

Today's layout is brought to you by the word "Happy". What do I mean? Well, this month's Scrap Our Stash challenge is called "Pick Your Word", and the challenge is to pick a word from the given image and use one item from your stash that starts with each letter in the word you chose.

So my word was "Happy": Hexagons, Alphas, Polka Dots, Puffy Sticker, Yarn Bow.


I used items from the Paper Issues June and July kits (use my discount code Lars to save 20%!) and kept this one fairly simple. With four photos on the page, I didn't want to overwhelm the layout with more stuff.


I kept the hexagons on the diagonal, peeking out from behind the photos. And then I created small embellishment clusters or the title on each one.


I'm pleased with how it turned out and that it satisfied all the elements of my word, getting me to think creatively about what I was going to use and searching through my stash for just the right product. One of the Ps was going to be "punch", but I felt bad combining one item for both H and P, so then I changed it to "Peachy Keen Nuvo", but I didn't really like that color with the colors in the papers, so I finally settled on "Puffy Sticker" after finding a cute yellow crown in my stash of birthday-themed Jillibean Soup stickers!

Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. You also have Arrows ☺. Cute page. The colours are bright and happy. I love that little yarn bow. You nailed the challenge. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work with this challenge - lots of happy photos! Thanks for playing along at SCRAP OUR STASH - Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! What a great layout! Love the fun details and stash use. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment