Alphabet Summer Letter L Week Recap

Last Sunday, my daughter made me make Lamingtons, an Australian dessert. We have this food matching game from Little Passports with pictures of food from all around the world. Lamingtons are one of those foods! So in honor of Lamingtons, I decided that this week would be all about the letter L.



(By the way, my daughter didn't like the Lamingtons. What's not to like? Cake, chocolate, coconut? Yes, please.)

We started off Monday reading the book I Love You Through and Through, and then we did our normal letter tracing, dot marker page, and coming up with L words. I also printed out a free license plate matching game with uppercase and lowercase letters. I "laminated" the printable with packing tape so that my daughter could also draw on the pieces. She actually practiced writing her letters on each car!



Tuesday we read Is Your Mama a Llama AND Llama Llama Red Pajama. We almost did a llama puppet craft, suggested by my daughter, but then she decided that she didn't want to do it. I made a popsicle stick lightsaber on my own because she didn't want to do that either. And since she slept in Tuesday morning, eventually I just left her to play by herself because I had to start work.

Wednesday I had to go to work, so we didn't do anything fun.

My daughter slept in again on Thursday, so we just took it easy in the morning and didn't try to be too structured. We still had our Vacation Bible School science experiment to do, but she wasn't really into that.

Friday we read The Grouchy Ladybug and then did a ladybug paper plate craft that also got us talking about feelings.


We did our Vacation Bible School science experiment, which was building a bridge out of straws, on Saturday morning before going grocery shopping. Nothing L-related today, but that's okay.

Sunday's plan is a letter L printable pack full of activities and reading the book That's Not My Lion. We might also make a paper plate lion mane, depending on what my kid wants to do.

So that's it! Don't forget, there are more ideas for the letter L, the whole alphabet, and other fun themes in my Alphabet Summer and Kid School Pinterest boards. Make sure you subscribe!

My daughter requested the letter G for next week (and the letter M for the week after - she's getting demanding!), so that's what I'll be prepping today and tonight for Monday morning bright and early!

Comments