Gluten-Free Gloriously by Bay Ridge Bakery Visit

The other weekend, my family and I drove down to the beach (or "the shore", as they say in New Jersey) to visit my in-laws. Before we left, my husband said, "Do you want to stop and get a treat at this gluten-free bakery I found?"

Yes, please!

Little did I know the bakery was one I've sampled before at the Gluten-Free and Allergen Friendly Expo!


Located in Stirling, New Jersey, the Gluten-Free Gloriously by Bay Ridge Bakery sells just about every type of baked good you can think of, and it's ALL gluten-free. There was even a separate section for things that were gluten-free AND dairy-free.

Think cupcakes, cookies, muffins, cakes. You can even order custom-made gluten-free cakes for weddings and birthdays. There's a whole catalog on the bakery's website where you can see everything that's available.

My daughter wanted the chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, so we bought a four-pack of those, and then my husband and I decided to split a four-pack of gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chip banana muffins.


The one thing I will say is that everything is kept in freezers. So don't make the mistake of telling your 3-year-old that you're stopping to get a special treat because the "special treat" is going to be frozen and requires four hours to thaw. Whoops.

Somehow my daughter was still able to eat just about all of her cupcake in the car, but we did have to wait on the muffins. I thawed them out in the microwave the next morning, and boy, were they good! I think the chocolate mustache on my daughter's face and the crumbs in her hair were an indication that she thought the chocolate cupcakes were pretty good, too.


The location of the bakery is in kind of an unassuming place, but it's definitely worth stopping in, especially if you're on your way to "the shore" and need to pick up something to eat for dessert that night or breakfast while you're away. Having those muffins was a lifesaver for me and my husband, and meant that my in-laws didn't have to cater to our dietary restrictions. We just brought our own stuff!

Have you ever been to the Gluten-Free Gloriously bakery? Know of any other good New Jersey-based bakeries? It's always fun trying out new places and supporting local businesses that support our dietary needs.

Comments