What My Kid Eats (Or Not)

What you are about to see is a series of pictures that show full plates of food. Decent, delicious food. Healthy, nutritious food.

And yet none of it was eaten by my child.


Exhibit A: A really delicious egg and hashbrown breakfast casserole. (More on that later.) Barely took a bite.


Exhibit B: Crispy Pork with Asparagus and a Baked Potato. I thought it was good.


Exhibit C: Chicken Cacciatore. At least she ate two helpings of green beans.


Exhibit D: Peanut butter and jelly. "I don't like peanut butter and jelly," she says. Well, you used to...

If it was up to her, she'd eat macaroni and cheese, pizza, Cinnamon Chex, and any Chef Boyardee for dinner every night. But it's not up to her.

I love to cook. I love to try new foods (well, mostly), and I want to expose my daughter to different tastes and textures. I want her to get used to trying something new and eating the same thing that Mommy and Daddy are eating.

I know that this picky eating thing is just a phase. And there are nights when I make something that she really likes or at least likes it enough to eat some of it. But then there are the nights when she ends up eating simply buttered bread because I'm not willing to make two dinners.

What will your kid not eat? How do you handle picky eating in your house?

Comments