Gluten-Free Pretzel-Crusted Chicken

I had originally wanted to make this for the Super Bowl, but my husband's tradition is always to have Sloppy Joes on the Super Bowl, so that's what we did instead.

But I still wanted to make this recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction for Pretzel-Crusted Chicken, so eventually we got around to it. Just not for game day.


In order for me to make these gluten-free, I used Snack Factory's Gluten-Free Pretzel Crisps. They're nice and thin, so they were easy to crush up in a Ziploc bag.

The original recipe calls for whole-wheat flour, which we obviously couldn't do, so I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour.

Everything else was okay to use!



I think if I make these again, I will try to crush up the pretzels into even tinier bits. I will also use chicken tender strips instead of cutting up chicken breasts because I had a lot of chicken pieces in irregular shapes and sizes, and I was concerned about the smaller pieces cooking faster than the big ones.

But I will make them again. I'm not sure if my daughter really liked them, but my husband did! The pretzels give the chicken such a nice texture and flavor. It's hard to describe, so just make these and taste for yourself!

Comments