Gluten-Free Chicken Lettuce Wraps

While going through my ShopRite circular the other week, I saw a picture of something that looked really yummy: chicken lettuce wraps. I found the recipe at the ShopRite website (first recipe), but I did do a few tweaks to make it easier.


For instance, when making the chicken, I left out ginger because it turns out I didn't have any in the pantry. (But I do have three containers of allspice...) I also left out the onion for personal preference, and instead of soy sauce I used gluten-free teriyaki because it was what we had in the fridge.

And for the slaw, I used a bagged mix of broccoli slaw instead of cutting up my own cabbage and carrots. (No cucumbers here, thank you very much.) I also didn't have rice wine vinegar, so I substituted cider vinegar because the internet said I could. And celery seed? Not in my version. (When in the world would I ever use celery seed again?)

I thought it was a tasty dish and kind of healthy, right? My toddler wasn't a fan, even though she did eat a few bites of the chicken. My husband didn't say anything either way, but I think he liked it. I would probably make it again and serve it up to myself for lunch.

Comments