GFAF Expo Recap

Last weekend I attended the Gluten Free and Allergen Friendly Expo in Secaucus, NJ. It was a great show, and I discovered a lot of new gluten-free manufacturers, as well as dairy-free products for myself.


Here are just a few of my favorite new discoveries from the Expo.

Farmwise Veggie Tots: I'm pretty sure I've had this company's veggie fries before, but I'm really liking the Veggie Tots made with broccoli, sweet potato, and white beans. Delicious!



Rule Breaker Snacks: These delicious allergen-free cookies were a hit with the kids at the show. I was also very excited that I could eat them. When I say allergen-free, I mean free of all major allergens!



Partake Foods: I kind of love that you can see right on the package of these cookies that they are "school-safe". That is so important in today's climate of kids and food allergies.



Metaball Energy Bites: Why eat a whole energy bar when you can more easily snack on the go with these mini energy balls? They come in a resealable bag so if you don't finish the whole single serving bag in one sitting (or you want to sneak the bag into a movie theater!), you can keep the rest of the bites fresh until you're ready for more snacking.



Om Sweet Home: When you're dairy-free, you can't have milk, of course. But what about butter? Nope! Not unless it's dairy-free butter like this delicious spread from Om Sweet Home. I got to sample it on gluten-free bread from Bari & Betty's.



Barilla: I was a little disappointed that Barilla wasn't handing out free boxes like Ronzoni does in its booth, but I was still excited about some new gluten-free pasta products that Barilla is rolling out. New pastas made of chickpea and red lentil will be hitting stores soon, as well as new no-boil gluten-free lasagna.



Wanna Date?: This vegan date spread will make your cravings for a Nutella-like spread vanish! Available in four different flavors (cinnamon, chocolate, vanilla, and pumpkin spice), this date-based product can be spread on toast or even mixed into smoothies or oatmeal. You don't need nut butters if you have Wanna Date.



Munk Pack: I've gotta be honest. I've had a Munk Pack before, and I was underwhelmed. But I just hadn't tasted the delicious Raspberry Coconut flavor yet. SO GOOD! Of course, there are several other flavors of this oatmeal fruit squeeze. Plus, they now make protein cookies!



Go Veggie: Another thing you can't have when dairy-free is cheese. But with Go Veggie's vegan parmesan "cheese", you can still enjoy topping your pasta or even creating parmesan popcorn, like what I sampled at the show!



Green Chef: Now a part of Hello Fresh, Green Chef is the meal delivery service for people on keto, paleo, vegan, and gluten-free diets. You're given five meal choices and the ability to choose three of them for the week. All of the ingredients will be made available to you in advance so you can make the best decision about which meals will work for you. But all the ingredients are packed individually to avoid cross-contamination, so you can always not use an ingredient if you don't want to.



Got Meals: In the same vein of a prepared meal kit, Got Meals offers four different meal kits that will feed up to two people and allow you to easily prepare a gluten-free meal.



Saffron Road: Why has it taken me so long to discover Saffron Road? Their Chickbean Crisps are delicious. They also have flavored chickpeas, like the really yummy salted caramel, that would be perfect for snacking.


Yumbutter: These nut butters are so good and certified non-GMO. They come in large and small pouches, perfect for snacking on the go. Because a whole jar of nut butter doesn't really travel well, right?



Soozy's: Dairy-free and gluten-free (and peanut-free) muffins? Yes, please. I want these for breakfast, snacktime, and dessert.



Against the Grain: We love Against the Grain's gluten-free pizza crusts, but now the company is getting into the dessert game with gluten-free, dairy-free, and other allergen-free cake and brownie mixes.



Sogni Dolci: Have you ever had a cauliflower crust pizza that tasted a little too much like cauliflower? I love the taste of Sogni Dolci's cauliflower crust because the company added just right the amount of seasoning to help overpower the cauliflower taste.


Did you attend the GFAF Expo? I would love to hear what some of your favorite products were! Share in the comments!

Comments