Valentine's Day Cards - The International Scrapbook Garden

Happy Valentine's Day! Instead of making a scrapbook layout, I decided to create some Valentine's Day cards using my Kisses and Snowflakes kit from The International Scrapbook Garden. And I'm showing them to you here!


These were so easy to put together, and I love how they are not the traditional red and white Valentine's Day cards. I used both sides of the 13@rts Art Journey Destination paper because I thought the purple color was close to pink which was close to red which was close to a Valentine's Day color, and then the teal side ended up fitting so well with some of the other embellishments in the kit.


I used one of my paper punches to punch out the shape from the purple side, and then inked the edges of all the paper with the Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink Attic Dust. Then I picked out which of the Kaisercraft Lucky Dip Wooden Flourish Pack - Love hearts I wanted to use on my cards, and I either covered them in the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Lilac Lavendar or the Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink Island Lagoon.


I had thought about using the Prima stencil as my sentiment on the front of the card, but then I realized that the Prima Zella Teal word stickers and ephemera had some of the perfect sentiments to use for these cards! And any cards, really. So I just used those. So easy!

And then I added embellishments from the Prima Zella Teal Butterfly Kisses pack, and voila! My cards were done!



These were so easy to put together. If you usually send out Valentine's Day cards and you make your own, then definitely get started on next year's cards NOW and use the supplies in your Kisses and Snowflakes kit. Starting now will make your life so much easier, and then next year all you'll have to worry about is where you stashed the cards!

Plus, the kit is so versatile, especially with all of those word stickers from Prima and 7 Dots, that you could make a variety of different cards for any occasion! It's not just about scrapbook layouts, folks.

And if you live near a Target, check out the $1 spot! That's where I found my pack of blank notecards that I used to embellish these Valentine's Day cards. Okay, so the pack of 30 cards was $3 and not $1, but still! That's quite a deal when compared to the prices of similar items at Michael's. 

Thanks for looking!

Comments