Peekaboo Scrapbook Page featuring Cheeky Studio

Hello scrappy land. Today I'm up on the Cheeky Studio blog (check it out here) showcasing my very first layout using my February design team kit. I'm going to show it to you here, too, and go a little more in depth on how I did what I did.


So basically, I had seen a sketch and it had some circles on it, and I thought, "Why don't I do some mixed media to create like a rainbow instead of circles?" You guys, my mixed media was seriously looking scary when I first started.


I first gesso'd the white cardstock and then did the package technique with my Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio Spray in Hibiscus Rose, Shimmerz Vibez in Don't Rain on My Parade, and some gold acrylic paint mixed with water. After each layer dried, I kept thinking, "I don't know about this." But on I went. I was committed.

And you still might be thinking that it looks weird, but in person I am really happy with the way it turned out. Plus, I got to add in some awesome Cheeky Studio products from the Unicorn Mode collection. I had originally planned on this being used for the new Unicorns and Rainbows collection, but all of the colors of my papers and mixed media ended up being much brighter than expected, and Unicorn Mode is also full of bright pinks and purples, so it was really the perfect choice.


But I did end up getting in a few pieces from Unicorns and Rainbows. Because I had some gold American Crafts Thickers in there, I was able to add a glittery gold heart, and the teal star fit right in with all the other teal from the cardstock and patterned paper.


The castle is a sticker from my stash, and I thought it was perfect for this layout about my daughter. She's my princess and she needs a castle to house her unicorns! I popped the sticker up on craft foam for some dimension, and I also added in a mixed media tag that I had created for another project to this layout along with some fun glittery buttons from my stash.

Even though this started out scary, I was really pleased with the finished result. Thanks so much for looking!

And don't forget that you can visit the Cheeky Studio shop and get a discount on your purchase when you use my code: CookScrap10

Comments