Beary Cute Scrapbook Page featuring Cheeky Studio

It's time for yet another scrapbook layout, but this one is a bit different because this month Cheeky Studio teamed up with Stick It Down Challenges, so the entire Cheeky Chicks design team was challenged to create a layout using one of the February Stick It Down sketches using Cheeky Studio products. This was pretty cool because I like Stick It Down. In fact, I was a guest designer there just a few months ago!


So for this collaboration challenge, I chose to use the single-page sketch. It actually came with a cut file, which was cool, except for one small problem: I don't own a special machine for cut files!!


If you want to know how I worked around that tiny, insignificant detail (hint: FUSSY CUTTING), then please visit the Cook Scrap Craft YouTube channel and watch my process video for this layout!! Here's the finished result:

I broke out some mixed media tools to create a background behind my heart (which utilized a variety of American Crafts patterned papers). It's basically clear gesso and some 13@rts plastic filler beads. I like the texture it gives the layout, and I like that it breaks up that solid fuchsia cardstock.

You've probably noticed that I've been using a lot of Cheeky Studio unicorn products this month, but lo and behold what's this? Something that's not unicorns? 

Yes, I actually did use some of the lovely Winter Flowers product that came in my February design team kit. Just look at those pretty pinks and teals on the flower ephemera.

And I added the Winter Flowers sequin mix to the heart, as well as the banner stickers to the left-hand side of the layout.


So that's my take on the sketch. Make sure you visit the Stick It Down blog today to see what the rest of the design did and to play along! There are prizes, including one from Cheeky Studio, up for grabs.

And don't forget that you can use my discount code, CookScrap10, to save 10% off your purchase in the Cheeky Studio store!

Comments