Am I Really 34? featuring Cheeky Studio


Hi guys! Today I've got a layout to share with you featuring some Cheeky Studio products and there is a process video to go with it along with a little bit of a story behind the process. I thought I'd share how I chose the pieces I did to get this page started.


It all began with the photo. I had this photo of my birthday cake, and I knew that I wanted to use the Cheeky Studio die-cut from the Unicorns & Rainbows pack that said "May all your dreams come true". Because how fitting is that for a birthday layout?

I also knew that I wanted to use the Unicorn Mode sequins in some way. So I pulled the 1. photo, 2. die-cut and 3. sequins.



Originally, I wanted to do something with the sequins sort of bursting forth from the picture, but then I saw this layout from scrapbooker Suzanna Lee that I had pinned to my Scrapbook/Cards Pinterest board, and I changed my mind with how my layout was going to look. So instead of sequins bursting forth, I played around with my patterned paper and adhered the sequins in some of the circular patterns on it.


I also already had the title in mind, so I just grabbed some alpha stickers from my stash that fit with the color scheme of the patterned paper I chose - thank goodness I actually had some that matched!


Throw in some ribbon, a few more die-cuts and a heart sticker border from the Unicorns & Rainbows collection, some glittery tissue paper that I received in a gift box at work (love random finds like that), some Crate Paper tags, a spritz of Shimmerz Coloringz Pink Stilettos from the Cheeky Studio Winter Flowers Mixed Media Mini Kit, and that my friends is a recipe for a successful scrapbook layout!

This was actually a fairly easy layout to put together because I had pulled everything I knew I would use or wanted to use beforehand so I wasn't wandering around my craft room searching for things mid-scrap. It's how I've been doing things lately, and when you have limited time to scrap, it's a real lifesaver.

Thanks for looking!

And don't forget to visit the Cheeky Studio shop and use code CookScrap10 to save 10% on your purchase!

Comments