Be Happy - The International Scrapbook Garden

I finally got the chance to play with the new The International Scrapbook Garden Garden kit Kisses and Snowflakes, and instead of going with the snowflakes portion of the kit, I decided to go with the kisses theme of the kit for this layout of my daughter from last summer. This layout is based on the current sketch challenge happening in The International Scrapbook Garden Facebook Group


As I always do with my first project, everything on this layout is made using the main kit only. I don't know why I do that, but I guess I feel like if there are people who are only getting the main kit, it's nice to see what you can do with just those elements. (You can do a lot!)

I used all 13@rts papers Imagination, Freedom, and Travel because I thought they were less wintery, and I just loved the fleur de lis pattern on that 12x12 pink paper. I inked around the papers and the photo with the Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink Blossom Bud, which I love. That gives it such a nice effect. 


So to go with that pink paper, I basically pulled a bunch of pink embellishments from the kit and anything else that I felt had a "love" theme to it: Prima Mechanicals Tin Hearts, Kaisercraft stamp set, Dovequest Adhesive Gems Perfectly Pink, Scrapberry's Exquisite Embellishments Create Wonder, Petaloo Baby Blooms Fuchsia

I created clusters of the embellishments around the photo and in the bottom left-hand corner. I took some of the Darice Silver/White Twine and twisted it around my fingers to create little clumps of twine, like what I've seen other scrapbookers do with thread, and then placed it behind the embellishment clusters. I just love how it turned out.


And, of course, because I'm obsessed, I had to do some splatter with my Lindy's spray that I still have from the summer Garden kit. 


This is just a quick overview of what I did. I also have a process video for this layout that you can watch here.

Head on over to The International Scrapbook Garden shop to get your own Kisses and Snowflakes kit so you can create gorgeous layouts, too!

Comments