August 2020 To-Read List

I've got a big roster of books to read in August. It's a good thing I finished my July books early so that I could get started on my August books. Most of them are review books that are coming out in September, so stay tuned to the blog for those reviews. 

And check out more information on each book in my to-read video on the YouTube channel. Let me know what you're reading this month!


Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Moving to the second book in the Illuminae series. Excited to see how the rest of the series progresses.

The Book of Joy by the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu
Recommended to be at BookExpo, this book talks about how to find joy in a changing world.

Seven by Farzana Doctor
In this non-fiction book, the author travels to India with her husband on a marriage-saving trip. She also starts researching her great-great-grandfather and learns some interesting things about her ancestor. The book comes out 9/29.

Set My Heart to Five by Simon Stephenson
A human-esque robot learns to feel and goes on a quest that involves a love interest and someone chasing after him. Comes out 9/1.

The Quiet Americans by Scott Anderson
Non-fiction about four spies during the Cold War and their covert operations. Comes out 9/1.

Anxious People by Fredrik Backman
On my list of 5 Books I'm Most Excited to Read! Comes out 9/8.

A Cry from the Far Middle by P.J. O'Rourke
Humorous essays about politics, including a quiz about how Heartland or Coastal you are. Thought this might be appropriate to read since it's an election year. Comes out 9/15.

Stakes Is High by Mychal Denzel Smith
A more serious approach to politics, this book points out how the American Dream has failed us and how we can move past this current political crisis. Comes out 9/15.

Comments