5 Books I'm Most Excited To Read

I have more than 700 books on my to-read list, so it's hard to pick just a handful of books that are tops on that list, but that's what I did in this week's BookTube video: The 5 Books I'm Most Excited to Read.

The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World by Desmond Tutu and the Dalai Lama
This was recommended to me during one of the BookExpo author panels. I think there's a lot we can all learn from these spiritual leaders about cultivating happiness in our lives, no matter what.


Gemina and Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
So I just posted my review of Illuminae yesterday, the first book in this trilogy series. I figure I should finish it up by reading books 2 and 3, especially so I don't forget what happened in the first book!


Anxious People by Fredrik Backman
Can't wait to read this new book about a robbery and the group of random people who experienced it. This book comes out in September, and I have an e-ARC to review!


The Last Flight by Julie Clark
This book just came out this summer, and I love the premise: two women switch plane tickets to escape their lives. But one plane goes down killing the woman inside it. Now it's just Claire left behind who assumes Eva's identity - and all that goes with it.


The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
This book was all the talk at BookExpo. If I can't get it from my library, I might just buy it. It spans centuries, as the main character has the ability to live forever. But she's made a deal with the devil for it, and now no one will remember her.

Comments