2019 Nourished Festival Recap

Last weekend, I attended the Nourished Festival in NJ. It was such a cool experience seeing how the former GFAF Expo has expanded and changed to showcase gluten-free, nut-free, paleo, keto, and plant-based products. I found a lot of new things from new companies and a few new things from my old favorites. So happy to share them with you here! You can also watch my recap video to see what it's like to be at Nourished Festival.



O'MY Dairy-Free Gelato
Ever since becoming lactose-intolerant, it's been hard to find good dairy-free ice cream. My local grocery store carries some good brands and flavors, but it's always nice to have more options. And with there not being many dairy-free products at this year's show, it was a nice surprise to see and sample dairy-free gelato! I had the chocolate and vanilla flavors, and both were very good!



Fine & Raw Chocolate
Speaking of dairy-free chocolate... I've been jonesing for some dairy-free Nutella but haven't been able to find any that I like. Until now. Fine & Raw, based in Brooklyn, makes delicious chocolate bars and a hazelnut-chocolate spread that is SO GOOD. I bought a jar of the spread and have been eating it all week.


The Soulfull Project
What I like the most about this gluten-free (and dairy-free) oatmeal is that when you buy one serving, one serving is donated to a local food bank. I actually bought a case of six single-serve cups (perfect for mornings when I work), so I guess that's six servings donated!


The Real Coconut Coconut Flour Tortilla Chips
I think that coconut was the big trend at this year's show. So many products seemed to be made from it or contain it. Like these surprisingly crunchy chips made from coconut flour. They come in a variety of flavors. I liked original and Himalayan pink salt the best.


Swerve Baking Mixes
If you're looking to cut down on your sugar intake, then try Swerve. This is a plant-based sweetener that can be substituted for sugar at a 1:1 ratio. How easy is that? You can buy Swerve sugar, confectioner's sugar, and brown sugar. Plus, the company just released new baking mixes with the Swerve sweetener already added in. These mixes are gluten-free and can be made dairy-free, and I'm so excited to look for them at my grocery store!


King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Mixes
King Arthur isn't a new company to gluten-free, but they did have some baking mixes at the show that were new to me: gluten-free doughnut mix and gluten-free scone mix. These mixes are only available at the King Arthur website, so that's probably why I've never heard about them before now.


I've been a fan of Banza chickpea pasta for a long time. (And frequently, you can find cashback deals on Banza pasta through Ibotta.) But something I didn't know about was that earlier this year Banza released chickpea rice. It has three times the protein and two times the fiber of regular rice with 30 percent fewer net carbs. 


So those were my faves! If you were there, what did you like best? If you weren't there, well why not? Visit the Nourished Festival website to find a show near you, and if you're in New Jersey stay tuned for next year's NJ show when (hopefully) I'll be attending again and will have tickets to give away.

Comments