Chi-Chi's Salsa Review

A few weeks ago, I got the chance to sample four varieties of Chi-Chi's salsa through a BzzAgent campaign. I'm kind of obsessed with chips and salsa - like, I will eat chips and salsa for lunch, and I'm totally good.


I received four varieties of salsa, as well as flour tortillas. Here's what I thought of each.

Medium Cilantro Salsa

I don't like a too-hot salsa, so this medium salsa was perfect. I ate it with just tortilla chips (for lunch as well as a snack) and really enjoyed that extra hit of flavor from the cilantro.


Fiesta Style Roasted Tomato Salsa

This was another one with a medium spiciness level. We've been doing Taco Tuesday every week and making a different taco-themed dinner, so when my slow cooker chicken fajitas recipe called for a jar of salsa, I immediately grabbed this one. It did not disappoint!


Flour Taco Style Tortillas

Now, obviously, flour tortillas are not gluten-free, so my husband was not able to enjoy these soft tacos. I, however, was. And enjoy I did! I simply love the taste of a flour tortilla, and these were great for making traditional soft tacos, chicken tacos, and even those weird TikTok tortilla wraps! The Chi-Chi's flour tortillas browned up nicely in a skillet.


Smooth and Spicy Picante Sauce

This was another salsa that I paired with tortilla chips. I offered some to my daughter, and she said it was too spicy. I disagreed. I thought it was just right. Like the other salsa, it had a nice chunkiness and heat without making me sweat. We also used it as a topping for carnitas.


Thick and Chunky Salsa Hot

I'm not really a fan of hot salsa. Too spicy for me. So I was a little scared to try this hot salsa. Anybody want to try it out for me?


Do you like chips and salsa? What is spice level is your favorite? Which of these salsa varieties would you choose? Let me know in the comments!

Comments