Kids Birthday Toy Story Birthday

While I'm not totally sold on the new Toy Story 4 movie, I am excited that the movie's release has caused there to be a resurgence of Toy Story toys and other themed products. My daughter is really into Toy Story, so we were able to throw her a Toy Story-themed birthday party last month for her 3rd birthday.



(Yes, we all wore a different Toy Story T-shirt.)

I pinned some ideas as inspiration on my Toy Story Birthday Pinterest board, so definitely check it out if you also have a Toy Story fan and need ideas for snacks, party good, favors, decorations, and more!

We only had a small party for family members, so I didn't need to do party favors, but I did create a party invitation based on some free Toy Story images that I found online. I used these free Toy Story party printables from Over the Big Moon and the name and number part of this cute Toy Story wreath from Merriment Design.


And then I made a Buzz Lightyear rocketship cake. This wasn't that hard, except my cake broke in half when transferring it to a large baking sheet for decorating. No big deal. It was getting completely frosted!


To create the shape, you just cut off rounded corners at the top of a rectangular cake. (I baked mine in a 9x13 pan.) Then those cut off pieces go at the bottom of the rectangle to become the rocket boosters.


Green frosting was sold as-is at the grocery store, so I bought a container of that and a few containers of white frosting. With one container of white frosting, I mixed red and blue food coloring to create the purple color.


And then I added small action figures as decoration on the cake. These are Imaginext figures from Fisher-Price.


I also had to make some gluten-free cupcakes because I wasn't able to use the gluten-free cake mix in a 9x13 pan. So the cake was just a regular cake, and the gluten-free cupcakes were for my husband. My daughter wanted the frosting on them to be blue, and she helped frost them, so we also got a little white on there. To me, they look like the clouds from Andy's bedroom wallpaper. Right? (The confetti pieces came from the container of green frosting.)

What are some of your favorite birthday party themes for kids? Let me know in the comments!

And if you want more kids' birthday party ideas, check out what I did with a panda theme and a puppy party theme. Then head over to my Kids Parties Pinterest board for more ideas!

Comments