Kids Birthday Puppy Party

If there is one thing I learned from throwing my daughter a puppy-themed birthday party it is that people on the East Coast don't know what puppy chow/muddy buddies are. Is this a Midwest thing? Or did my husband's family just somehow miss out on the deliciousness that is Chex cereal covered in melted chocolate, melted peanut butter, and powdered sugar?


I mean, really. How can you not eat that whole bowl? (I did kind of end up eating it all myself.) I used this recipe for gluten-free and dairy-free Puppy Chow from Joy Food Sunshine.

I also learned that not only does my daughter apparently not like cake or cupcakes, but my husband also does not like cupcakes. Come on, guys! Not even when they are gluten-free cupcakes with marshmallow paw prints on them? And Boo the World's Cutest Dog is tempting you with them??


I suppose for the 3rd birthday, I will just make a big cookie cake. My kid likes cookies.

One thing we can all agree on is that sidewalk chalk is the coolest thing ever. My daughter "helped" me chalk paw prints on our walkway before the party. Good thing I kept her in her pjs before the party because she was covered in chalk dust from running and scooting and rolling around in the chalk outside.


The invitations and food labels were created using free printables from Sam at the website Simple Everyday Mom. What a lifesaver that was! If you're looking for a fast, easy, and free way to get birthday invites and more for your kids, check out Sam's website to see what she has available. (Think printable crafts and activities, too!)

And if you are thinking of throwing your kiddo a dog-themed birthday, then check out my Pinterest board titled Boo Birthday (after the World's Cutest Dog, of course). I've pinned lots of inspiration for kids of all ages, from decor and party favors to food ideas.

What are some of your favorite kids' birthday party themes?

Comments