Meli's Gluten-Free Cookies Review

My Celiac husband is very picky about desserts. He recently told me that he doesn't like cupcakes (??) and he's not big on chocolate, so that rules out brownies and chocolate cake. He's more of a vanilla guy. But he does like chocolate chip cookies.


So when an email came through my inbox about Meli's Monster Cookies, a gluten-free cookie mix, I jumped at the chance to request a free sample to review. Sure, I thought my husband would enjoy eating these gluten-free cookies, but I like cookies, too, so it was really a win-win for both of us.

The company was created by two women named Melissa (hence the name of the company). The cookies started with a family recipe, and it just happened to be gluten-free. We're talking certified gluten-free rolled oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, M&Ms, and peanut butter M&Ms all in one cookie. Doesn't all of that sound good?


Making these cookies was really easy! All I had to do was add butter, peanut butter, and an egg to the cookie mix. It required a bit of arm power to mix all the ingredients together (that's the nature of having peanut butter as an ingredient!), and my cookies didn't flatten out from their ball shapes during the baking process, but that's okay! They were still so soft and chewy, which is exactly how I like my cookies. And with all those extra goodies inside with the chocolate chips - yum!


What I also liked was that you have the option to turn the cookie mix into no-bake energy balls! Just add peanut butter and honey. That's pretty cool!

The cookie mixes also come in Choco-Lot and Cashewlicious flavors.

Plus, the company makes pre-baked cookies if you don't have the time to bake. (We've been having a lot of snow days here on the East Coast.) I also got to sample the Choco-Lot pre-baked cookies made with certified gluten-free oats, all-natural crunchy peanut butter, and semi-sweet chocolate chips, chunks, and white chocolate chips. I'm not gonna lie, I ate the whole bag by myself. Not in one sitting, but still! My husband didn't even get to have one cookie.

Whoops.

These cookies are so good, and you wouldn't even know they were gluten-free if nobody told you. You can find where to buy them near you by using the store locator tool on the Meli's website. Or just buy the cookie mix on Amazon!

Comments