Unicorn Mode Activated featuring Cheeky Studio

I think I may actually be done scrapbooking May 2017 pictures! I say that now, and then I'll go back through my Shutterfly album and find some pictures that didn't get printed, but for now I'm done. Phew.

And today I'm sharing the last of the bunch from May courtesy of the Unicorns and Rainbows and Unicorn Mode collections from Cheeky Studio.


This layout uses the February 1 sketch over at Stuck?! Sketches, which was originally a two-picture sketch, but I converted it into a single-photo sketch so that I could use this one photo of my daughter on the day she took her first steps!


I spritzed the white cardstock with the Shimmerz Coloringz Pink Stilettos from the Winter Flowers Mini Mixed Media kit, and then I used that fun unicorn patterned paper to go along with the unicorn ephemera that I'd be using.

I loved the idea of titling the layout "Unicorn Mode Activated" because it felt like when your kid takes his or her first steps, that's the day that things really start to change. They take off. They take that next step or leap. And I imagined my daughter leaping like a unicorn into the next stage of her development.


So I also used a leaping unicorn die-cut from the pack at the top of the title. 

The original sketch called for something circular to go behind the photo. Instead of using a circular piece of paper, I just adhered the Unicorn Mode sequin mix in a semi-circle around the top of my photo.


I also added some of those fun Unicorns and Rainbows flowers, and there's a little pink star on the Crate Paper ephemera piece there, too. 


Super simple and super cute. I love how this one turned out!

Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. This is such a sweet take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title is so cute. Great page. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo and how you documented it! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute page! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you interpreted the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment