Gluten-Free Strawberry Ricotta Waffle Sandwich from Eating Well

I know strawberries aren't in season right now. But that's the beauty of today's society. You can get strawberries whenever you want!

So when I was looking for a healthier way to use up leftover ricotta cheese (because our Ricotta Breakfast Pizza recipe just didn't seem like a great choice for "healthy") and I came across a recipe from Eating Well magazine in my Good Morning, Breakfast Pinterest board, I just knew that no matter what, we were going to have strawberries for dinner.

The recipe is Strawberry-Ricotta Waffle Sandwich. It's really supposed to be a breakfast recipe, but who says you can't have breakfast for dinner? I mean, we're eating strawberries out of season, so we might as well really throw the rules out the window, right?


This is so easy to pull together on a weeknight because you can just use frozen waffles. And thankfully, there are good gluten-free frozen waffle options. We use the gluten-free Eggo waffles.

And that was the only thing I had to change about this recipe to make it gluten-free.

The original recipe says it's enough to serve one person. I was able to stretch it to two sandwiches, but you might want to double the recipe and give each person two sandwiches to really make it a filling dinner. Just my recommendation! Enjoy!

Comments