3 Tips for Doing a December Daily


Is it December Daily time already? Hard to believe that we're in the last month of 2016, but it's true. I plan on doing a December Daily album again this year, and I've got all my supplies ready to go.

I've been doing a December Daily since 2011, and each year I feel like I have a different technique when it comes to getting it done. I always try to adhere to a few basic rules, though. I find that it just makes everything go a little smoother.

1. Pick out your album now
It doesn't have to be a specific December Daily album. Any old album will do. You can probably find ones on sale at TJ Maxx, Marshall's, or Big Lots. Don't forget the scrapbook aisle at Walmart. They always have inexpensive supplies. I actually found a great Recollections chipboard album at Michael's for $4.99! (Binder ring chipboard albums make it really easy to add in Christmas cards that you receive because you can just punch holes in your cards and insert them as regular pages!)

I found this Recollections chipboard album at Michael's for $4.99!

2. Lay out your pages ahead of time
This doesn't always happen in my busy life, but in the past when I've done this, it has been a lifesaver! It will require you to have your papers and embellishments already picked out. If you have scrap paper and leftover embellishments from last year's holiday scrapbook pages, then this would be a perfect opportunity to use those up. (That's what I'm doing!) December Daily albums are generally smaller albums, so you don't need full-sized paper.

A December Daily album is a great way to use up the Christmas scraps from last year's Christmas scrapbook pages!

3. Don't Stress About Taking a Picture Every Day
Not every day is going to be a day where something holiday-themed happens. And that's okay. The album is more about quickly jotting down the holiday memories that happen throughout the month. So if you have a holiday cookie exchange on a Monday but then don't go ice skating with the kids until Friday, don't sweat it! The holidays are already a stressful time. The December Daily doesn't have to be part of that!


My very first DD! I do them differently each year!

Comments