Sausage and Rice for Dinner

I haven't been posting meal plans, and that's partly due to a lack of time to post them but also because I haven't been feeling as inspired lately. We're trying to eat healthier, which is hard to do when you're also on a budget, and we also need meals that are easy to make on work nights. 

So the other week I literally just went to the grocery store, searched for things that were on sale and then came up with meals we could make based on those right there in the grocery store. That's how I came up with our sausage and rice dinner the other night.


I received a bag of Carolina brand yellow rice at the Gluten-Free & Allergen Friendly Expo last month. Did you know that it's gluten-free? I thought it would go well with sausage, and there was some chicken sausage on sale. Red potatoes were also on sale, so I thought I'd make our new favorite side dish, Roasted Smashed Potatoes. And then I had a can of organic green beans in the pantry, so I added those to our meal.

This was not a meal that I made on a worknight. The Roasted Smashed Potatoes take a long time to cook, so save this one for Sunday night or, if you're like me and have days during the week when you work from home, then you can make it on one of those nights.

Comments