Houses, Fireworks, & History



I recently finished several layouts for my summer vacation album. I was able to use up some scraps, and I even scraplifted myself on one!

This first layout is of our visit to the Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse in Mackinaw City, Michigan. Admission was part of our three-park ticket: the lighthouse, Fort Mackinac, and Colonial Michillimackinac. It was a pretty quick tour but very interesting and right next to the water!


This next one is the one I scraplifted myself on. I thought the bright colors of the background paper would be good for pictures of fireworks. Every summer Saturday in St. Ignace, Michigan, the town puts on a fireworks show, and we were lucky enough to be able to watch it from our hotel. The only downside: it gets dark so late up there, so the show didn't start until 10:00 p.m.


And last but not least: a two-pager! These are pictures of different houses we saw on Mackinac Island. Many of them were historic and we got in as part of the admission price of our three-park ticket. Inside some of the houses were people in costume, and they were even making stuff like back in ye olde days.

We also visited a haunted house on the island, which we thought was going to be silly and fun with wax statues like in Madame Tussaud's (only poorly made). But it was actually pretty scary!! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, especially if you have little kids. My mom and I were kind of freaking out in there. Thank goodness I had my LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader keychain light with me to light our way!


Comments