Sour Cream Potato Salad

I was looking for a recipe that used up some extra sour cream I had in the fridge. And this recipe for Sour Cream Potato Salad seemed like the perfect way to use up sour cream and have a delicious side with hamburgers. Now, my favorite potato salad recipe is one from Rachael Ray because it is so easy and doesn't use a lot of ingredients. But this recipe was pretty easy, too. It's also a very filling recipe. The sour cream and mayo mixture on the potatoes is very creamy and thick, so don't let your eyes get bigger than your stomach.

I didn't peel the red potatoes. Who has time for that? And I like potato skins in my potato salads. Now if I was making classic mashed potatoes, I would leave off the skins. We want creamy mashed potatoes! (Right, mom?) But in a potato salad, especially when I'm using red potatoes, SKINS ON PLEASE!

This was also the first time I've worked with green onions. I usually just leave those out of recipes, but this time I went for it! I had no problem finding them in the grocery store and they were pretty cheap, too! And, oh boy, did they have a strong scent.

I think next time I will cut up the potatoes before cooking them. I adhered to the recipe and cooked them whole, but the potatoes seem to cook better when chopped up first. I'm not sure if it was from chilling the potato salad in the fridge or if the potatoes just didn't cook through all the way, but they were a little crunchy. I like mine to be soft. So, we'll just try it again and see what happens next time!






Comments