What We've Been Eating

First off, I have to direct you to the Mosh Posh blog because one of my scrapbook pages is on display. It's one that has already been posted here, but still. :)

Now onto our adventures in gluten-free food:

Gluten-free Biscuits:

The nutritionist gave us a bag of gluten-free biscuit mix and I figured it would be perfect for some homemade egg mcmuffins—biscuits, eggs, cheese, and bacon! The biscuits were really easy to make and they tasted good, too! A little thick, but that's come to be expected from gluten-free breads.

Meatloaf with warm potato salad:

This was our most recent dinner and I used regular recipes but just substituted bread crumbs with gluten-free bread crumbs in the meatloaf! Tasted the same. In fact, Mike said this was the best meatloaf I've ever made. The recipe for the warm potato salad is a Rachael Ray recipe. You can access it (along with a delicious turkey burger recipe) here. Makes a good summer meal.

Rice flour pancakes:

So we had breakfast for dinner one night! These turned out like regular pancakes but they were a little thicker than our usual Hungry Jack or Bisquick pancakes. I also thought the rice flour pancakes were a bit drier, but if you put some jelly or peanut butter or melted butter on top, that helps.

Gluten-free Penne Pasta with homemade Carbonara sauce:
I think I put too much pepper in the sauce (although I halved it b/c what the recipe called for seemed like WAY too much). So next time, no pepper! And probably no parsley or rosemary, either. This sauce is just perfect with grated Parmesan cheese, whole cream, eggs (yes, eggs), and crunchy, crumbled bacon.

Pepperoni and Cheese Crepes:
I didn't even bother taking pictures of these because they really weren't my favorite. Mike was a good sport and said he liked them, but I thought the crepes tasted too rubbery and kind of soggy. I'd never made crepes before and it was tough and I think I'd rather just splurge on gluten-free pizza dough and make gluten-free pizza bites.

Crispy Potato-Crusted Chicken:

Ruffles regular potato chips are listed as a snack food item that is naturally gluten-free. So we bought a bag and then I made this recipe out of our gluten-free cookbook. Sour cream, pepper, potato chips, rosemary, and thyme get spread on chicken breasts and then baked. Not bad!

Comments

  1. I have made chicken like that before.
    Thanks for sharing ideas for dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment