Sometimes, you just have to go out to eat

It's okay if you don't like to cook, don't possess talent in the kitchen department, or are just too tired/uninspired to make anything. Our kitchen was a tad uninspired one day last week when it seemed we were going to be having some type of (rice) pasta dish... AGAIN. But then my husband suggested eating out at Chili's because he had to make a Staples run anyway and Staples is right next to Chili's. Sometimes, you just have to eat out.

We are big Chili's fans b/c of the gluten-free menu. UNO Chicago Grill is also a good one for the most delicious pizza, both regular and gluten-free. Seriously - the regular deep dish pizza there is SO GOOD. The crust is all flaky and sweet.

But enough about where I like to eat out.

Glenda admits that she's not much of a cook but, she says, "I love Red Lobster restaurant. We don't have one where I live (closest one is 40 minutes away) and I always order the same dish: sauteed garlic shrimp, sauteed garlic scallops and a piece of white fish. Yummo!"

That does sound really good... but you know what sounds even better from Red Lobster? CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS!!!!

You could recreate this Red Lobster meal at home easy-peasy, complete with a gluten-free cheddar bay biscuit substitute. I made these Brazilian cheese buns awhile back and they kind of reminded me of cheddar bay biscuits. I don't think I'll be making the fish at home (one of us isn't a big fish/seafood eater... and it's not me), but let me know if you try your own shrimp and fish dinner sometime. Post your recipes in the comments!

And if you're not cooking dinner tonight, where are you going out to eat? ;)

Alright, that wraps it up for this month's Getting Scrappy With... Hope you learned some fun new things and worked up an appetite! Don't forget to visit Glenda's blog and Scrapbook.com gallery. She's always posting new things and they are always amazing!

Comments

  1. gosh, girl! now you got me all hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Laurie! Hey - even the best of the best chefs need a night off, right?

    In regards to the graph paper apple on my first day of school layout, the answer is Yes! I made it because I couldn't find an apple embellie that I could put the title on! Hey - I'm all about improvising! Heehee

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment