Pinwheels

No, not the delicious chocolate-covered marshmallow confections that I so enjoyed as a youth. To the best of my memory, my maternal grandparents always had these at their house and I LOVED them. Unfortunately, I haven't seen Pinwheels in stores in years. I should have known to take my search to Amazon (see above link).

I digress. I'm talking about paper pinwheels - cute little embellishments to add to your scrapbook page, a gift tag, a card, WHATEVER. I made mine for a scrapbook layout using a tutorial from YourScrapbookStash.com.

"The Great Outdoors" based on a sketch at Sassy Lil Sketches; Recollections solid cardstock, American Crafts paper, American Crafts Thickers, random ribbon, Basic Grey button

Isn't it cute? You can't really see it because of the lighting but the pinwheel is on top of a toothpick. (I made another pinwheel but the white part is folded to the center over the patterned side so that more of the pattern shows. The tutorial advises using double-sided paper, which I don't have right now, so I improvised.) Fun, fun, fun and super easy. Like I said, you can make these pinwheels and use them to embellish so many things (including Taffy Pinwheels - check it out at the GCD Studios blog)! Make these pinwheels this weekend and let me know how it goes!

Comments

  1. We always had pinwheels too! I still get cravings for them. haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment