October 2023 Scrapbook Recap

You've probably noticed that I haven't been posting many scrapbook layouts on the blog. That's because I just have been feeling overwhelmed with filming YouTube videos, editing and uploading videos, and writing blog posts for everything. So, a scrappy friend of mine suggested doing recap blog posts with links to all the scrapbook process videos, as well as images of the completed scrapbook layouts. 

And I loved that idea!

So here is my first Scrapbook Recap post. I hope that if you see something you like, you take the time to click the link and watch my video. 

And, of course, if you prefer only watching scrapbook process videos, then subscribe to my YouTube channel so you never miss out on my videos!

Inspiration from Nina Craftina

So, I started the month doing an inspiration video. I used a sketch created by Nina Craftina, and I encouraged all of you to try your hand at the scrapbook sketch. You can still play along! Use #ninacraftina when sharing on social media. 


Overdue Scrapbook Layout Share

I finally got around to sharing all the scrapbook layouts that I had created during the months of July, August, and September. That big ole scrapbook layout share can be viewed here.

October Mix It Up Monday Hop

As always happens the second Monday of the month, I participated in the Mix It Up Monday scrapbook hop hosted by Anna from Piece Craft Love. In October's process video, I used unexpected elements as stampers.


Scrapbook & Cards Today Inspiration with Photo Flaps

Once a month, I do a scrapbook process video using pocket pages. I considered these photo flaps to be pockets since I'm sliding photos into them, right? Check out how a layout from Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine inspired this zoo layout.


October Challenge YOUrself Theme with Photo Flaps

Okay, the photo flaps are back in this process video! But this time, I'm using Close to My Heart Flip Flaps - the 12x6 size to be exact. And I'm taking on the October theme over at the Challenge YOUrself blog. The theme is "favorite quote". We'd love to see your take on the theme, too!


Zoo Layout from SCT Inspiration

I took more inspiration from an old Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine to complete this two-page zoo layout. (Papers and embellishments came from a Not Just for Boys Kit Club kit.)

October Off the Board Hop

As always happens on the last Wednesday of the month, I participate in the Off the Board challenge hosted by Pineapple Papers. I used some scrapbook inspiration from my Scrapbook/Cards Pinterest board that I've actually used before. But it was perfect for these three photos.


Shimelle-Inspired Using Up Scraps

And then today I posted a scrapbook video sharing how I'm using up some scraps to create a Shimelle-inspired scrapbook page. I hope this inspires you to use up your scrap paper, too!




Comments