Baseball Week - April Iron Crafter Challenge - Process 324

This month's Iron Crafter Challenge challenged us to use FABRIC on our scrapbook layouts. I didn't think I'd be able to make this work, but then I found old Pinkfresh fabric bows in my stash. I hated these things when I first bought them in 2020, so I knew I wasn't going to use the fabric pieces to make bows. Instead, I used the fabric pieces to create a burst effect behind my 4x6 photo. Watch how it all came together in today's process video.

 

I did a mixed media background using two colors of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray and the smooshing technique. Then I added the fabric pieces on top of the mixed media. My 4x6 photo is matted with a 4x6 cut-apart from the Colorplay baseball collection that I purchased as part of my April haul.



To add some more visual interest to the top of the layout, I added elements from Echo Park and Simple Stories, mainly stickers and chipboard pieces. 

My title is made with three different alphas. The main title is "Go Piratiates" because that's how my daughter spelled the word "pirates" on the poster she made at the baseball game. Then I added in a subtitle underneath the journaling spot: "Or However It's Spelled".



I finished things off with splatters of the same two Tim Holtz colors as before and added just a few more embellishments around the title. 

Thanks so much for looking!

Comments