March Off the Board Challenge - Scrapbook Process 314

Welcome to this month's Off the Board challenge! As with every last Wednesday of the month, a group of scrapbookers gets together and takes inspiration off our Pinterest boards and onto our scrapbook layouts. This lovely hop is hosted by Crystal of Pineapple Papers. I hope you'll follow along with us today. You'll find the full list of participants in the description box of today's process video.



I created a two-page layout based on the January 2023 Virtual Crop sketch from Creative Memories. When I saw the original sketch (shown below), I just knew it would be perfect for some zoo photos I still needed to scrapbook. I don't have the photos printed yet because they are part of my June 2022 vacation album, which I am doing backwards - making the layouts first and then printing the photos once I know what size the photos should be.










The sketch shows exact measurements for everything, but I did not follow those. You'll notice that I also didn't follow the exact placement of the photos, and that was more by mistake than design. Watch my process video. I explain it all!


I used up some of the leftover pieces and papers from my Simple Stories Into the Wild collection. You're probably wondering how I could possibly have anything leftover from that, but I still do! So don't be surprised if another zoo-themed scrapbook layout pops up from me in your video feed!


One more thing to note about this layout - I don't have the pictures printed, but I did lay down matting for the photos. I cut the mats to the 4x6 and 4x4 sizes, so when the pictures come in, I'll just need to trim them down slightly in order for the mats to show behind them.

Do you ever scrapbook without the photos? 

Thanks for looking!

Comments