Shimelle-Inspired Birthday Non-Birthday Scrapbook Layout - Scrapbook Process 285

Welcome to another installment of me using up my scraps! This 12x12 scrapbook layout is a prime example of how I want to continue scrapbooking in the new year - use my stencils, use my sprays, layer it up, and tear that paper!

If you want to hear about the inspiration behind this layout and watch it all come together, head to my YouTube channel for the process video.

I created this layout while watching a Shimelle live this month, and it uses up birthday-themed items that I had purchased awhile ago for a Scrapbook & Cards Today Inspiration Series video that I did. (Haven't done one of those process videos in awhile. I should probably get on that!)

But I didn't have any birthday photos to scrapbook, so I found a photo that was of a celebration and picked out patterned papers and embellishments that were also more celebratory in a general way as opposed to a birthday way.


This is a photo of a screenshot taken while my friends from high school were at our 20th high school reunion. They FaceTimed me from the event because I couldn't be there in person.

Because I didn't have a lot of large pieces of paper to use, I created my own background with white cardstock, a stencil, and Shimmerz Pop Art Pink misting spray. I used my heat tool to dry it to help prevent too much paper warping.


Then everything else was just layering up leftover pieces of patterned paper and embellishments. I even popped up some of the embellishments on foam tape to give the layout more dimension.

Thanks for looking!

Comments