Pumpkin N Spice Fit Bite Truffles from Chef Mareya Ibrahim

Today I'm back with another pumpkin-themed recipe from Eat Like You Give a Fork author and chef Mareya Ibrahim. Remember, all of these pumpkin recipes are healthy and would make great snacks or desserts.

Today's recipe is Pumpkin N' Spice Fit Bite Truffles. These are vegan, gluten-free, and raw. Ibrahim says that her kids love these, and "they're part of our Eat Cleaner meal. So much better than prepackaged bars." 


These truffle bits are packed with protein, good fats, and slow-burning carbs. Eat them in the morning, before or after workouts, and as an after-meal treat.

Pumpkin N' Spice Fit Bite Truffles

(Makes about 16-20 3/4-inch truffles)

Ingredients:

1/2 cups old-fashioned gluten-free rolled oats

1 scoop non-whey protein powder (I used Naked Nutrition Pumpkin Spice Protein Powder.)

1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

1 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin

2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand.)

1 tsp pure vanilla extract

2 tsp organic stevia extract (liquid or powder) (Gonna be honest - I just used regular granulated sugar)

Directions:

1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, stevia extract (if liquid - if powder or granulated, add to dry ingredients), and pure vanilla extract. Add to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
3. Freeze mixture for about 30 minutes. 
4. Roll into 1 1/2-inch balls and press into desired toppings (crushed walnuts, slivered almonds, unsweetened shredded coconut, unsweetened cocoa powder, or unsweetened rice crisps) to create an even coat.
5. Freeze extras in an airtight container for grab-and-go snacks, clean desserts, and pre/post workouts.


I rolled my truffles in unsweetened rice crisps, and it was pretty good. Next time I'd try these with the unsweetened coconut flakes for a different taste and texture. 

These really do make great snacks. I grabbed a bunch of plastic Ziploc bags and placed two truffles in each. Then I put the bags into the freezer. Anytime I need a quick snack, I just remove a bag from the freezer and pop it in the fridge to let the truffles thaw a bit before snacktime. I also like bringing a bag with me to work for a mid-morning or afternoon snack.

I'll be back next week with another healthy pumpkin recipe idea from Chef Mareya Ibrahim.

Comments