November Challenge YOUrself Scrapbook Challenge - Handwritten Journaling - Process 280

This month's Challenge YOUrself scrapbook challenge might be a doozy for some of you. Along with including a photo of YOU somewhere on your scrapbook layout, you must also use handwritten journaling.

That's right! I know a lot of you do not like the way your handwriting looks or are afraid of making a mistake while writing directly onto your layout. But let me tell you - these scrapbooks are a reflection of you: your creativity, your personality, your life. And all of that also includes your handwriting! So don't be afraid to write on the page (preferably on the front where we can all see it), and if you make a mistake, you can always fix it. (Believe me, I've been there, done that.)

Check out how my layout came together in today's process video. And be sure to visit the Challenge YOUrself blog to see what the rest of the design team created AND find out how to enter for your chance at winning a prize.


 

I created a mixed media background using three colors of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray, and then I layered up a bunch of leftover paper scraps from my stash. This was probably the hardest part - getting everything layered just so, and then adhering double-sided tape to the back without moving anything!


Random photos like these are perfect for using up random papers and embellishments from your stash. There is no theme here. Just pick colors that you like or shapes that you like. Put it all together in a planned haphazard way (ha!) and there you go. Easy peasy!


And in the above photo you can see my journaling. I journaled directly into the journaling box and even added some Pinkfresh alpha stickers to help create more of a title for this page.

Thanks for looking!

Comments