Heinz 57 Collection Product Review + Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Recipes

A few weeks ago, I was selected by Ripple Street to host a Heinz 57 Collection party. They sent me a package of all the Heinz 57 Collection products, plus a cool apron, wooden spoon, wooden serving platter, napkins, forks, little taster cups, and recipe ideas. This collection is an elevated line of sauces and spreads that transform simple dishes into mouthwatering creations.

I love to cook, so I was very excited to head to my local grocery store and pick up additional ingredients to make some of the suggested recipes. 


What I like about the Heinz 57 Collection is that all the products are gluten-free and dairy-free. There are five varieties of products. There are two infused honeys: hot chili and black truffle. (These were available at my local ShopRite.) Then there are three crunch sauces: mandarin orange miso, roasted garlic, and chili pepper. 

The first recipe I made was the Chili Pepper Crunch Pasta. This was super easy AND super easy to make gluten-free and dairy-free. (I couldn't find these recipes on the Heinz website, so I'm reprinting here with my substitutions.)

Chili Pepper Crunch Pasta (dairy-free, gluten-free)

Ingredients:

1 box of gluten-free spaghetti

1/4 cup of dairy-free/plant-based butter

1/4 cup Heinz Chili Pepper Crunch Sauce, divided

Directions:

1. Cook spaghetti per packaged instructions. When draining, reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water. (I forgot to reserve the water, but it still turned out fine.)

2. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add 3 tbsp. Chili Pepper Crunch Sauce. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until heated through.

3. Add spaghetti and reserved cooking water to sauce in skillet; mix lightly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.

4. Drizzle spaghetti mixture with remaining Chili Pepper Crunch Sauce.


So, you can probably guess that this was a pretty spicy pasta. It wasn't too spicy, but it did have a kick to it. I really enjoyed it. It was easy to whip up for lunch, and it still tasted great the next day as leftovers.

The next recipe I tried was Hot Honey Glazed Chicken and Brussels. I deviated a bit from the original recipe because I wanted to cut the recipe in half. So instead of a whole chicken, I used two pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Just keep that in mind as you read through the recipe below, as printed. You don't have to do anything special to make it gluten-free or dairy-free.

Hot Honey Glazed Chicken and Brussels

Ingredients:

1 whole chicken (41b), cut into 8 pieces

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1 1/4 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed, cut in half

2 tsp. olive oil

1/4 cup Heinz Hot Chili Infused Honey, divided

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Place chicken, skin side up, in 15x10x1-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. (I just used the biggest pan I had.) Season chicken with salt and pepper.

3. Bake 30 minutes. Meanwhile, toss the Brussels sprouts with oil.

4. Spoon Brussels sprouts around chicken. Brush chicken with 2 tbsp. honey; bake additional 30 minutes or until chicken is done.

5. Drizzle remaining honey over chicken and Brussels sprouts before serving.


This one was pretty good, even though I changed things up a bit. My daughter loved the Brussels sprouts, probably because the honey made them taste a little sweet. 

Our third recipe was the Crispy Chicken Rice Bowl, and I love this one because it is so easy to whip up for dinner (which is when we ate it) or lunch. Check it out below with my substitutions.

Crispy Chicken Rice Bowl (gluten-free, dairy-free)

(This recipe makes 1 serving. Double or triple everything if you need to feed more people.)

Ingredients:

1 frozen gluten-free breaded chicken breast (I used gluten-free chicken tenders.)

1 cup hot cooked jasmine rice (I used the Minute Rice single-serving cups for this.)

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage

1/4 cup English cucumber slices (I omitted these because I hate cucumbers.)

1/4 cup shredded carrots

1/4 cup sugar snap peas, cut into strips

1 green onion, sliced

1 tbps. Heinz Mandarin Orange Miso Crunch

Directions:

1. Bake chicken as directed on the package.

2. Spoon rice into a shallow serving bowl, and spread to evenly cover the bottom of the bowl.

3. Slice chicken; place over half the rice.

4. Place cilantro and vegetables in small piles over the remaining rice.

5. Spoon Mandarin Orange Miso Crunch over chicken and vegetables.


Instead of serving ours in a bowl, I kept the ingredients separate on plates. Each person got two chicken tenders, a cup of rice, and a little bit of salad, which had similar veggies in it and was easier than buying individual veggies. The Orange Miso Crunch ended up being more of a dressing over the salad and rice, and a little bit over the chicken, too.

This recipe was easily my favorite. It was so easy, AND the Mandarin Orange Miso Crunch had a great flavor.

And that was our adventure tasting some of the new Heinz 57 Collection products! Look for them at your local grocery store, and let me know which one is your favorite!

Comments