Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Thanksgiving Recipes

I know this post is coming at you a little late, but if you do your Thanksgiving food shopping at the last minute, then this is right one time! 

Every year I try to do a Thanksgiving post, sharing some other ways to enjoy favorite foods, especially if you are gluten-free and/or dairy-free. So this year I decided to share some of my recipe successes from last year. Maybe one of these recipes will be something you'll enjoy, too!


In my opinion, you can't have Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie. Even if I'm the only one who will eat it, I will still make it. 

Last year I used this Coconut Flour Pie Crust from The Coconut Mama and filled it with this Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars filling from Real Food with Jessica.

One time (I think it was COVID Thanksgiving of 2020) I couldn't find our favorite gluten-free cornbread mix - or any gluten-free cornbread mix, for that matter. So I looked up a recipe online and now I pretty much make cornbread from scratch! I like to use this Everyday Cornbread recipe from Budget Bytes. It's so easy to make this gluten-free and dairy-free!

@cookscrapcraft I’ve been making #glutenfree & #dairyfree cornbread using this recipe from @Budget Bytes. So easy by making a few substitutions. #thanksgiving ♬ Stuffy Turkey - Monk's Music Trio


And don't let cranberry scare you. There are so many other ways to enjoy cranberries that don't come in a gelatinous cylinder!

Last year I made Cranberry Shortbread Bars using a recipe from Fearless Dining. The recipe itself could have used some editing. Pay attention to the directions because the brown sugar is listed before the word "topping", so you might assume that it goes in with the dry crust ingredients. It doesn't! That said, these turned out good.

I've also made Joanna Gaines' Hand Pies with a cranberry filling, although her recipe suggests an apple filling, brown sugar filling, or spiced pear filling, too. Even when I used gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients, gosh darn it, these tasted AMAZING. I think I ate them all by myself.


I still haven't made these hand pies with the apple filling, even though I told myself on Instagram that I would. Oh well.

Another favorite of mine is sweet potato casserole, so last year I made this Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole from Mama Knows Gluten Free. It made a lot, and I had no problem polishing it off all by myself! 

So there you have it! If you're looking for my absolute FAVORITE gluten-free stuffing recipe, head over to this past Thanksgiving blog post, which also has tips for how to navigate the holiday when you have food allergies.

And if you have any questions on how to make your favorite Thanksgiving recipes gluten-free and/or dairy-free, ask me in the comments or connect with me on social media!

Comments