XO Baking Co. Gluten-Free Review

I've been sharing a lot of my gluten-free and dairy-free baking adventures on my Instagram lately (follow me for more!), and that includes baking with XO Baking Co. I was lucky enough to receive some free samples AND participate in a virtual baking class with XO Baking Co. founder Lindsay Braham.

So far, all of these gluten-free baking mixes are excellent! Let me tell you about what I've made so far, plus a few tips from Braham!


First off, all of the XO Baking Mixes are gluten-free and rice-free. They also do not contain milk or eggs. While some of the mixes contain coconut, they do not contain tree nuts or peanuts. It's also possible to use egg alternatives in the mixes if you want to make them vegan. You can find even more questions and answers about allergies and ingredient substitutions on the XO Baking FAQs page.

Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix

Because we love chocolate, the first thing we made was the Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix. I made an Instagram Reel documenting our experience. The cookies turned out a little flat, however, they were nice and chewy, which is just how I like them. I couldn't stop eating them! These were easy to make dairy-free - I just used plant-based butter in place of regular butter.

Coffee Cake Mix

This gluten-free coffee cake is SO GOOD. It was probably the fluffiest coffee cake I've ever had. I have no pictures of the coffee cake because I ate it all so quickly. But I did make a TikTok about it!

Banana Bread Mix

I do have a very good banana bread recipe that I like to make, however, I don't think I'll ever need to go back to that from-scratch recipe when I can easily make the XO Baking Banana Bread, which is STELLAR. You add your own bananas and a few other ingredients (like Enjoy Life chocolate chips, natch), mix them up, bake them up, and eat. Seriously, some of the best banana bread that I've had.

All Purpose Flour Mix

The XO Baking all-purpose flour mix can be used cup for cup in any of your favorite recipes. I love when gluten-free flour mixes are such an easy substitute! And I loved using the mix to make the XO Baking Brown Butter Chocolate Chip cookies!


I couldn't easily find this cookie recipe on the XO Baking website, so the owner kindly shared the recipe with me on Instagram. I'm reprinting it for you here. A note: even though you may want to add that full cup and a half of chocolate chips, I thought it was too much. I'd take it down to just a cup the next time I make these.



Pancake & Waffle Mix

I've used other gluten-free pancake and waffle mixes before, and some are good, while others just don't have any flavor. If my kid refuses to eat pancakes, you know the mix isn't any good. XO Baking Pancake & Waffle Mix is good! It made some seriously fluffy pancakes, and they had a really nice, subtle vanilla flavor. They were perfect and so easy to make!

Zucchini Bread Mix

I wasn't too excited about this one because I've never made zucchini bread before, and I really am very lazy when it comes to grating vegetables. But after hearing Lindsay talk about this bread during the virtual baking session AND telling us that you can add chocolate chips, I figured why not give it a try? So I grated a zucchini (purchased on sale at the grocery store!), added chopped walnuts and Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips, and baked. IT WAS DELICIOUS. Not kid-approved, unfortunately, and I don't understand why. I loved it!



Some tips on this one:
  • Instead of using 2/3 cup oil, you can use 1/3 cup oil and a 1/3 cup applesauce
  • If you don't want to use grated zucchini, you can use grated carrot
  • You can always use an egg replacement if you don't want to use the two eggs
  • Once baked, freeze this bread for up to six months in plastic wrap. Or freeze individual slices and microwave them one at a time as needed.

Pizza Crust Mix

We love making our own pizzas at home. We can use a gluten-free crust, I can add my own vegan cheese, and my daughter likes to help! While she didn't help me prepare the dough, I was able to easily do it myself. After mixing the ingredients (I did add in the optional garlic powder) and letting the dough rise for 30 minutes, I rolled the dough out into four personal-size pizzas. They were a hit! My husband commented on how good the crust was, and even my picky eater was into it.



You can also use this mix to make gluten-free cinnamon rolls (with a vegan frosting option), so I tried it and ... well, user error? I'm not sure what went wrong, but my dough was REALLY sticky, would not roll up over the delicious cinnamon filling, and looked super wonky when baked. 

So what's the verdict? I'm a fan of all of these gluten-free mixes! If you're looking for some tasty mixes or just need a good gluten-free all-purpose flour, then I would recommend XO Baking Co.!

Comments