Using Branding Strips on a Scrapbook Layout - Scrapbook Process 266

Today's scrapbook layout is another one that is great for those of you trying to shop your stash. Watch my process video to see how I used branding strips on a scrapbook layout! This scrapbook page was inspired by a challenge in the Scrapbook Generation Facebook group during the August virtual crop.



There are lots of different ways to use branding strips on a scrapbook layout. If you don't know what branding strips are, they are the thin piece of paper at the top of a patterned paper that says the name of the paper, the manufacturer, and usually has the barcode. You have to remove that strip, and you can either toss the paper or save it for later use. I always save mine.


I like to use them as layering pieces behind photos, create banners or borders with them, or use them as the focal point of a layout instead of larger pieces of patterned paper. In this layout, I made them fan out from behind my circular photo like the rays of a sun.


Because there wasn't that much going on with just a few slim strips of paper, I created a mixed media background using three colors of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Sprays. I sprayed the color on a piece of plastic and then smooshed the plastic down onto the white cardstock, which is Vicki Boutin Foundations paper. 

You'll get more details in my process video, so please go take a look! Thanks for watching!

Comments